Climbing Kilimanjaro Training Program
Climbing Kilimanjaro Training Program: Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and is the destination for mountaineers. It is a challenging and daunting task to hike to the peak. Two seasons suitable for climbing Kilimanjaro are January-March and June-October.
During this, January-March probably you will encounter snow on the summit. In your quest to conquer the roof of Africa, you need to be physically fit and mentally prepared to cross the hurdles and meet challenges. Your preparedness will help you preserve your adventure. You need to gather all possible information before you plan to climb the mountain.
Kilimanjaro Climb Cost
There are several factors that affect the cost of Kilimanjaro Climb which include the size of the group, route taken, the number of days, accommodation in tent/room, accommodation sharing, meals, providing route tracker, medical facilities, and other facilities. There are several operators who offer different packages with different facilities. Usually, the standard package starts from $1,400.
Climbingkilimanjro.com offers three packages; standard package, superior package, and deluxe package. These packages offer different services and prices. The packages are:
- The standard package is economical and starts at $1,400 but varies according to the group size and number of days. It doesn’t include air transfer and the journey starts from Moshi town; it includes two nights budget hotel and breakfast.
- The superior package is offered at starting price of about $1,600 excluding air transfer. The journey starts from Moshi town and the package provides for 2 nights 3-star hotel, breakfast, bed, and dinner, 3 liters of water every day, route tracker, first aid kit, flying doctors membership, and complimentary daily facebook photo updates.
- The luxury package is somewhat costlier and includes airport transfers. The journey starts from Anusha town. It provides for 2 nights 5-star hotel, breakfast, bed, and dinner, 3-liter water every day, route tracker, portable toilet rental, first aid kit, flying doctors membership, and complimentary daily facebook photo updates.
Kilimanjaro Training Program
Climbing Kilimanjaro requires you to have physical endurance and mental stamina. You need to train yourself for it. Some of the essential training you should include are:
Aerobic training: Aerobic exercise like walking, long-distance jogging, swimming, and cycling increases aerobic metabolism. It builds a strong cardiovascular system which helps you in an environment with limited oxygen supply at high altitudes. If you are not much fit, you need a 3-6 month training program. For relatively fit people, 1 monthly aerobic training regime is recommended.
Strength Training: You need to undergo light strength training, specifically legs, core, and upper body training. Strength training exercise includes lunges, squats, step aerobics, front, and reverse leg curls, sit-ups, shoulder presses, back and shoulder flies, kettle-bell rows, etc.
Practice Hiking: Kilimanjaro climbing is kind of a long hike. The best way to prepare for it is to practice a few hikes. You should take one or two long hikes on difficult terrain. It will help you find your strength and weakness and you can intensify the exercises needed to improve them.
Mental Stamina: During the climbing summit, there comes times that you would feel like giving up and returning. Mental stamina helps you overcome it. You have to incorporate activities such as running long distances or running a marathon as a part of your training program to increase your mental stamina.
To conclude, if you have the willingness and commitment, you can train yourself and climb Kilimanjaro regardless of your physical condition or age. Read more articles on rozyjos.
More Related Queries:
- kilimanjaro training program
- training program for Kilimanjaro
- Kilimanjaro 6 month training plan
- kilimanjaro training regime